Terms and Conditions for Sportscene's PUT ME ON 2021 competition:
- This competition is organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”).
- In these terms and conditions, “Promoter” means a person, who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts this competition, or for whose benefit this competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG and PUMA Sports Distributors (Pty) Ltd ("PUMA").
- No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition.
- This competition will run from 03 September 2021 to 12 November 2021.
- Closing date for entries is 21 September 2021. Promoter is not responsible for unsuccessful attempts to enter and no late entries will be accepted.
- Only one submission will be accepted per entry. In the event that an entrant makes multiple submissions, only the first submission will be considered.
- All participants must be permanently resident in South Africa and be over the age of 13 years.
- Participants under 18 years of age must inform their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of their entry into this competition and must have the written consent of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), to enter this competition and to be eligible to win a prize. A parent or legal guardian of participants under 18 years of age must also be available to attend appointments and travel with the entrant (at the Promoter's expense).
- By entering this competition, a participant is confirming their compliance with and indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Should the law or any authority terminate this competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against Promoter, its directors, agents or employees and sponsors as a result of the termination. Further, Promoter reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that Promoter deems is reasonable at the time.
- By entering this competition you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current, and complete. You also warrant that you are the copyright owner of your submission, which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
- By entering this competition you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
- HOW TO ENTER (Online entry only):
a) Complete the online entry form available at https://studio.sportscene.co.za/put-me-on-2021/ and complete the necessary steps:
- Step One: Complete all required information fields;
- Step Two: Include at least one social handle / URL. Please ensure that you include the protocol http://www;
- Step Three: Paste a link to your original track in the form provided (no voice enhancements may be used); and
- Step Four: Include a link to a video introducing yourself and your music.
b) Entry Review and Finalists Compilation
- From 22 September 2021 to 30 September 2021
- Promoter reviews all entries and compiles list of top 30 finalists
- Top 30 finalists announced by Friday, 1 October 2021
c) Roadshows & Performance Productions
- Between 9 October 2021 to 30 October 2021
- Top 30 finalists invited to perform in one of two shows:
- Johannesburg Performance: takes place Saturday, 9 October at sportscene in Sandton City; or
- Cape Town Performance: takes place, Saturday, 23 October at sportscene in Canal Walk
- Shows will be video recorded and published through Promoter’s social media channels and audiences within 1 week of each live event
d) Shortlist / Winner Selection / Announcement
- From 30 October 2021 to 12 November 2021
- Top 30 finalists performances are reviewed by judging panel and audience votes on WhatsApp
- Public voting opens on social media on 04 November 2021 (vote mechanism via WhatsApp)
- Winner announced by no later than 12 November 2021
- All entries will be subject to moderation. Promoter has absolute discretion to accept or reject any entry and to remove any entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. Promoter may in particular refuse to consider any entry for the following reasons:
a) inclusion of material which is sexually explicit, obscene, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, etc.) offensive, threatening, profane or harassing; and
b) inclusion of content in the entry where someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as the words or underlying music, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorisations;
- In consideration of participants’ video submissions being reviewed and evaluated for this competition, the entrant grants to Promoter exclusive rights to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete, or display any such submission, or any portion thereof, in any and all media including but not limited to all forms of internet, television and print.
- Each entrant authorises Promoter to utilise the video submitted to Promoter indefinitely and for how they see fit and to make derivative works from such materials at the sole discretion of Promoter.
- Finalists will be judged based on their performance. The following factors will be taken into account:
a) Presentation and performance
c) Suitability of chosen material
d) Potential for development
- Finalists will be selected within a week after the closing date for submissions in the presence of an independent Accountant/Auditor /Attorney. The top 30 submissions will become finalists and each finalist will be contacted telephonically. If we cannot contact a finalist after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, a new finalist will be selected.
- The decision of Promoter as to the finalists is final and there will be no correspondence entered into.
- The top 5 finalists will each:
a) have an original single recorded at Sportscene's studio in Sandton City or Canal Walk; and
b) receive professional social media content.
- All finalists may be required to complete and execute additional documents in connection with the rights granted to Promoter as a condition of advancing in the competition or prize acceptance. In addition, by participating in this competition, each entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for Promoter to use entrant's video, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media, in perpetuity.
- There will be only 1 (one) overall winner. The winner will be determined on the total number of public votes the finalists receive. These votes are submitted via the Promoter’s WhatsApp line and will be counted and verified by and independent Accountant/Auditor /Attorney. The competitions organisers will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery or announcement of the prize.
- The winner will be contacted via email or telephonically prior to the public announcement. If we cannot reach a winner after 2 attempts have been made and we have not had a response from him/her within 10 working days of the first contact attempt, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
- The winner will receive:
a) A professional PR package for the period of six months to promote the winner and their music;
b) R25 000 cash – paid over 5 months, in equal amounts of R5000 per month
c) PUMA products with a total value of R50 000.00;
d) Recording deal with Def Jam Recordings Africa in partnership with sportscene;
e) Two (2) Singles recording agreement with Def Jam Recordings Africa, and produced by Zoocci Coke Dope;
f) Single placement on some of the biggest music streaming editorial playlists – Apple Music “Africa Now”, Spotify ”Viral 50”;
g) Access to world class Def Jam Recordings Africa Studios;
h) Mentorship by the seasoned specialists in the music industry by Def Jam Recordings Team;
i) Professional music video production;
j)PR & Marketing support with winner across all media platforms; and
k) Additional prizes may be included at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Prizes are not transferable, may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
- If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the finalists will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
- To the extent that a license (e.g. driver’s license) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to advance in the competition or accept or use a prize, the finalist or winner as the case may be must produce such license or permission for inspection by Promoter prior to advancing in the competition or receiving the prize. If any finalist or the winner does not or is unable to do so, his / her place in the competition and the prize will be forfeited and a substitute will be drawn under the same terms and conditions.
- The Promoter may request the winner to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services. The winner will not unreasonably withhold his/her consent.
- The winner’s name, profile, photos, voice, sound effects and/or caricatures (“personal information”) may be published on the various websites and social media platforms of the Promoter and the competition sponsors, as the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s personal information must be published. The winner grants permission for the use of their name and photographs/image in any advertising and promotional material for this competition. The winner agrees that he/she will not be entitled to any payment, compensation or royalties for such publication and holds harmless, releases and discharges the Promoter and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winner or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform and participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to the social media platforms. All participants release these social media platforms from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- It may be necessary for certain third party benefit providers to process the finalists' and/or winner’s personal information to enable them to provide their services to the finalists and/or winners. By entering this competition and making use of any benefits, participants agree to this.
- Participants unconditionally and irrevocably indemnify and holds harmless Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a finalist or the winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the participant will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
- If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
- Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
- Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; Promoter must collect and use personal information about participants.
- The personal information supplied by participants when entering this competition will be used by Promoter in accordance with its Privacy Statement, which can be viewed at www.tfglimited.co.za.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the Promoter’s discretion.